Ontario Graduate Scholarship For International Students 2024: The Ontario Graduate Scholarship for international students 2024 is a prestigious award that supports the academic and research pursuits of graduate students in Ontario. Whether you’re pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree, the OGS can provide invaluable financial assistance and recognition for your academic achievements. Furthermore the Ontario Graduate Scholarship For International Students 2024, are awarded to graduate-level students in the Ontario region of Canada. The Ontario Graduate Scholarship is worth 5,000 CAD per annual. All students studying for master’s and doctoral degrees in Canada are eligible to receive this scholarship. OGS Scholarships are awarded for 2 academic years of Master’s and 3 years of Doctoral degree.
Universities with 2 sessions per year offer scholarships of 10,000 CAD yearly, while universities with 3 sessions per year offer 15,000 CAD yearly. The Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS) offers 22 merit-based scholarships to students in all disciplines of academic study. The province allocates OGS awards to Canadian universities, specifying the number of awards given yearly. The application process and evaluation of applications is administered by each university’s graduate Department. Selections are based on factors such as academic excellence, research potential, leadership skills, etc.
Key Details About Ontario Graduate Scholarship For International Students 2024
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship For International Students 2024
- Scholarship Type: College-Specific, Merit-Based
- Offered by: Government of Canada
- Location: Province of Ontario
- Application Deadline: Jun 01, 2024
- No. of Scholarships: Above 22
- Scholarship Amount: $10,000 for 2 consecutive study terms, $15,000 for 3 consecutive study terms
- Renewability: One-Time Payment
- International Students Eligible: Yes
Official Website Click here
OGS Award Categories
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship is typically awarded in two main categories, each with its own eligibility criteria
- OGS for Master’s Students: This category is designed to support students pursuing a master’s degree. Eligible applicants must have completed or be in the process of completing an undergraduate degree and demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence.
- Master’s Program: OGS for Master’s Students provides financial assistance specifically for those pursuing a master’s degree program.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must have a strong academic record, often reflected in a high GPA.
- Research Potential: Although master’s students may engage in research, the emphasis in this category is often on academic achievement and potential.
- OGS for Doctoral Students: This category is tailored for doctoral (Ph.D.) students, emphasizing research potential and contributions to their field.
- Doctoral Program: OGS for Doctoral Students provides support for students pursuing a Ph.D. or equivalent research-based doctoral program.
- Research Focus: Doctoral candidates are expected to demonstrate a clear research focus and potential contributions to their field.
- Academic Excellence: While research is crucial, academic excellence remains a significant factor in the evaluation process.
Ontario Graduate Scholarships are open to both domestic and foreign scholars. There are rules or guidelines, the student must be:
A Canadian citizen or permanent resident at the time of application; and a foreign student studying at a university in Ontario who holds a valid Canadian study permit. Before being awarded a scholarship, the candidate must have an A-average (Ontario equivalent of 80%) in both years of full-time study.
All students must be enrolled in a full-time postgraduate course: 60% or more of the full course load prescribed by the University, 40% or more for students with disabilities. Candidates must be proficient in English at the time of application. Candidates doing a Master’s course can get a scholarship for 2 years while candidates doing a Doctoral course can get a scholarship for 4 years. The same candidate cannot avail of two government-funded scholarships simultaneously.
Method of Application
- All students should stay updated about the latest deadlines on the official website.
- Candidates can access the form through an online portal.
- Students have to fill out the application form carefully and upload the required documents on the portal.
- Finally, students are requested to submit the application form. In this way, the application process will be completed successfully.
Application Deadline for Ontario Graduate Scholarship For International Students 2023
The application deadline for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship is June 01, 2024, Documents required include;
- Ontario Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form
- 2 Letter of Refer or Academic References
- Study plan of maximum 2 pages (1 page for study plan, 1 page for references/citations)
- All official academic transcripts
- Copy of visa document
- Previous awards, publications, or research experience
- Participating Universities
Here is a list of all participating universities in Ontario for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program:
- University of Toronto
- Carleton University
- OCAD University
- York University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- Western University
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- Brock University
- University of Windsor
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- University of Guelph
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Is The Anso Scholarship Fully Funded? Anso Scholarship Universities List. A Complete Guide On How To Apply.
Tips for a Successful Ontario Graduate Scholarship For International Students 2023 Application
Thoroughly Review Eligibility Criteria
- Before applying for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship: it’s crucial to carefully read and understand the eligibility criteria outlined by the awarding institution or government body. Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding with the application.
- Craft a Compelling Research Proposal For many OGS applications, a well-structured research proposal is a critical component. Clearly outline your research objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes. Highlight the significance of your research in your field of study.
- Secure Strong Letters of Recommendation: Reach out to professors, advisors, or other academic mentors who can provide detailed and positive letters of recommendation. These should emphasize your academic achievements, research potential, and suitability for the scholarship.
- Showcase Academic Achievements: Provide evidence of your academic excellence, such as transcripts, certificates, or awards. Highlight specific courses, projects, or research experiences that demonstrate your proficiency in your chosen field.
- Demonstrate Research Experience: If applicable, showcase any previous research experience, publications, presentations, or conferences you’ve participated in. This demonstrates your commitment to advancing knowledge in your field.
- Tailor Your Application to the Institution: Customize your application to align with the specific research interests and strengths of the institution you’re applying to. Show how your research objectives align with the expertise and resources available at that institution.
- Proofread and Edit Carefully: Ensure your application is free from grammatical and typographical errors. Attention to detail is crucial in presenting a polished and professional application.
- Be Mindful of Deadlines: Stay aware of application deadlines. Submit your application well in advance to avoid any last-minute technical issues or delays.
- Seek Feedback: Consider having a trusted colleague, mentor, or advisor review your application before submission. Fresh perspectives can provide valuable insights and help fine-tune your application.
- Follow Up on Your Application: After submitting your application, follow up with the relevant department or institution to ensure that all required materials have been received and to inquire about the timeline for decisions.
Remember, the competition for scholarships like the Ontario Graduate Scholarship can be intense, so putting in the effort to submit a strong and well-prepared application is crucial for success. Good luck with your application!